Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Savory Italian Bread

When I was younger I subscribed to a cooking club that would mail me recipe cards on a regular basis. I don’t know that I actually ever made any of the recipes they gave me until now.

Based on how well this one worked out for me though you can bet that I will be digging out more of the cards they sent me.

Not only is this bread delicious, but it is one of the easiest recipes I’ve made. It is a good complimentary starch side that won’t overpower your main dish.

What You Need
  • 1 medium loaf of Italian bread
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 tsp dried basil
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/8 tsp onion powder


How You Make It
1. Preheat oven to 400*F.

2. Without cutting all the way through the bread, cut into 12 slice.

3. In a small bowl mix remaining ingredient.

4. Spread the mixture between slice.

5. Bake bread 15 minutes, or until golden brow.


I made this with the Baked Salmon with Garlic and Dijon and a Caesar salad. Like I said, this is a good complimentary side that won’t over power a delicious main dish, but isn’t so bland you barely notice you have a side dish.


Formatted PDF of Recipe



No comments:

Post a Comment