Thursday, June 25, 2015

Pesto Pan-Fried Chicken

I have two warnings about this recipe: expect to have quite a mess in the kitchen and expect to be begged to make it again. This may be one of the most labor intensive recipes I make, but it is worth every second.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; pesto is one of the most delicious tastes I know. Combine it with frying and it's explosive.

When I found this recipe in a cookbook years ago I had no idea just how much my family would come to love it.

I suggest serving this with side dishes that won't try to overpower or compete with the chicken. For our Father's Day dinner this year I chose quinoa and Dad's favorite, corn.

What You Need
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/3 cup pesto
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 egg, beaten with 1 Tbsp water
  • 2/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 3 Tbsp olive oil


How You Make It
1. Preheat oven to 300*F.

2. Place chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness of about 1/4".

3. On four plates lay out pesto, four, egg and bread crumb/cheese mixture.

4. Coat chicken with pesto. I do this with my hands, it ends up being a lot easier.

5. Cover with flour.

6. Drench in egg mixture.

7. Lastly roll in bread crumb/cheese mixture until completely covered.

8. In a large nonstick pan heat 2 Tbsp oil over medium heat.

9. Add chicken and cook about 2 minutes on each side until coating is golden brown and chicken is cooked through.


10. Remove to a baking sheet lined with paper towels, keep warm in oven.

11. Add more oil as needed during frying.



Formatted PDF of Recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment