Sunday, July 19, 2015

Lemon Salmon With Creamy Dill Sauce

This is a recipe that is constantly being requested in my kitchen. I use it every once and a while to bribed my sister to come over for dinner or tease her when she doesn’t. I can’t thank goodness for Cooking Classy posting this recipe! I have made a few tweaks on the ingredients to make this recipe more conveniently made. My sister found dried lemon peel in the spice section and I switched over to dried dill. There is no apparent taste difference and this makes the recipe that much more simple because the ingredients are now non-perishable. This is now a favorite of anyone who tries it; I hope you all enjoy it just as much.

What You Need

Lemon Salmon
  • 4 salmon fillets
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil (lemon if possible)
  • 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest (I use McCormick’s California Lemon Peel)
  • 2 Tbsp lemon juice
  • Salt and black pepper
Creamy Dill Sauce
  • 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp dried dill weed
  • 1/2 tsp honey
  • 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt


How You Make It
1. Mix together ingredients for dill sauce and set aside.

2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

3. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.

4. On a plate combine olive oil, lemon zest and lemon juice.

5. Coat both sides of salmon with lemon-oil mixture and place on cookie sheet. Pour remaining oil mixture on top of fillets.

6. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until just cooked through and flaky.


 I like to pair this recipe with subtle side dishes. Usually quinoa and pan cooked zucchini with gruyere cheese or Parmesan green beans.

Formatted PDF of Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment